request for review of Ubuntu 8.10 release announcement

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 02:26:47 UTC 2008

Hey there,

In reference to:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidIbex/ReleaseAnnouncement

Sam Hain wrote:

> -----------------------
>
> "Because Ubuntu 8.04 LTS is a long-term support release, users of
> that release will not be offered an automatic upgrade to 8.10 via
> Update Manager.  For instructions on upgrading to Ubuntu 8.10, see"
>
> could be re-written as:
>
> "Ubuntu version 8.04 is a long-term support release. Users of
> Ubuntu version 8.04 will not receive an automatic upgrade for
> Ubuntu version 8.10 through the Update Manager. For instructions on
> how to upgrade to Ubuntu version 8.10, please visit"
>
> -----------------------

Another alternative:

"Since Ubuntu 8.04 LTS is a long-term support release, an automatic
upgrade to 8.10 will not be offered. For instructions on upgrading to
Ubuntu 8.10, see:"

When this is done, we should all get T-shirts with the final paragraph
on them. This has got to be the most popular paragraph in Ubuntu. (:

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.