ISO Image Page Expanded

Jon me at jonwatson.ca
Wed Oct 22 20:55:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

Little Girl wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> Jon wrote:
>
>> I've expanded the IsoImage [1] page, but I'm waffling on whether it
>> should be incorporated into the BurningIsoHowto[2] (although I seem
>> to recall that titles containing 'howto' are against the style
>> guide).
>
>> Perhaps just linking to the ISO Image page from the intro of the
>> BurningIsoHowto page is enough. Any thoughts...?
>
>> [1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IsoImage
>> [2] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto
>
> In the event that you decide to tag [1] for deletion (which is
> probably a good idea, but that's up to Those In Power to make the
> final decision on), I blatantly stole the definition of ISO from that
> page and added it to the Glossary:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Glossary#ISO
>
> If you'd like to change any links that currently point to [1] to the
> Glossary definition on [2], that should free [1] up for a deletion
> tag.

Well, after spending some time on the ISO page I really wasn't eyeing it
for deletion - just trying to smooth things out a bit. However, you make
a good point that the content of it is small enough that it makes a
decent glossary entry and there is probably no reason for it to occupy
its own page.

> I think I've developed a soft spot for the Glossary. It's become sort
> of a pet project for me. (:

There's definitely something attractively simplistic about a glossary.
It's the freedom to just explain a single thing without wandering down
the garden path about related stuff :)

Jon