request for review: intrepid release candidate announcement

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Wed Oct 22 11:23:08 UTC 2008

Looks good, just a couple of comments below.

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 03:12:12AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> [...]
> Before installing or upgrading to Ubuntu 8.10 please read
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidReleaseNotes
>

> About The Release Candidate
> ---------------------------
>
> The purpose of the Release Candidate is to solicit one last round of
> testing before the final release. Here are ways that you can help:
>
>  * Upgrade from Ubuntu, Kubuntu, or Edubuntu 8.04 to the Release
>    Candidate by following the instructions given above.

Is this meant to refer to the ReleaseNotes link?  The IntrepidUpgrading link
is actually below.

> Your comments, bug reports, patches and suggestions will help turn this Beta

"Beta"

> More Information
>
> You can find out more about Ubuntu and about this preview release on our

"preview" is reasonably accurate, but perhaps we should use "release
candidate" consistently throughout the announcement?  I'm happy either way.

--
 - mdz