Encouraging asking for source code?

Dougie Richardson ddrichardson at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 21 19:12:05 UTC 2008

Hi,

> The documentation for switching to Ubuntu from Windows
> (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SwitchingToUbuntu/FromWindows) is
> encouraging users to email asking for either a Linux driver from the
> company, or for the source to their Windows drivers.

[snip]

This is one of these pages that I don't agree with and think is open to
interpretation and personal agendas. I don't remember putting anything about
pushing for drivers in the official switching guide.

Your points are absolutely valid and I really don't see any point in this
page. Anything of value could be incorporated into the official guide.

Regards,

Dougie Richardson