GUI for documentation, good or bad?

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 20 06:25:28 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 7:02 PM, shirish <shirishag75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I had put up a bug sometime back
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-foundations/+bug/112172 which I
> would like to have discussions of the wider community.

Shirish, there is a bit of confusion about what it is you are
suggesting. That bug is filed on Launchpad, and therefore it appears
that you are suggesting that Launchpad should have a WYSIWYG editor
(for example, in its bug comment box or Launchpad homepage. If that's
your proposal, then you need to discuss it on the Launchpad mailing
list. However, it's unlikely to be accepted, I think.

By discussing the idea here, what you appear to be proposing is quite
different: a WYSIWYG editor for the wiki. If so, I don't think this is
a bad idea at all: the technology is available for the version of Moin
we are using, and people can use it if they like (and, if they don't
like it, they don't have to use it). I don't know why the option isn't
available on our current installation and had already thought about
asking the admins to activate it.

Have I misinterpreted your email?

--
Matthew East