[Call for a Vote] Community Wiki Homepage

Dean Sas dean at deansas.org
Sat Oct 18 17:38:16 UTC 2008

Marc Kaplan wrote:
> I put a comment in the https://wiki.ubuntu.com about maybe a week ago
> that I was developing a new home page on
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Home/PageDiscussion
>
> In that comment, I asked for input, comments, suggestions, etc.  After
> the comment was added, anyone subscribed to the page would have been
> notified that a new version was being floated around.
>
> I also a notification of the newer version to various mailing lists,
> including our own.
>
> As I have not received any comments, feedback, or arguments regarding
> this new version, I would like to call for a vote to replace
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com with the contents of
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Home/PageDiscussion.

I'm not sure that it's clear where to go next after viewing that page,
whereas visiting the current one, you have plenty of content put in
front of you to look through for things that sound interesting. Perhaps
you could make a more prominent mention of the Teams page, or suggest
another page that people looking to get involved should start reading.

Dean