Documentation for BOINC at wiki.ubuntu.com

Dean Sas dean at deansas.org
Sat Oct 18 12:59:10 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 13:56, Jon <me at jonwatson.ca> wrote:
> shirish wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>  I have added some stuff for boinc at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BOINC
>> can somebody see if it can be cleaned up or is it ok?
>>
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BOINC
>>
>> looking forward for comments and suggestions on the same.

Hi Shirish,

Some small comments:

It sounds like the howto has works on Intrepid too so the introduction
could be updated to say so.

No need to have the default BOINC configuration file copy and pasted
on the page, you could just tell the user to make a back-up copy if
that's what it's for.

The page should be moved to the help wiki at help.ubuntu.com/community
The wiki.ubuntu.com wiki is for Ubuntu organisation/development.

> I'm new around here so I don't really know what the protocol is for
> editing other's work. So I just did it. If that's not how things work
> around here, just let me know.

In general that's exactly how things work :)

Cheers,
Dean