Request to Join Mentoring Programme

Jon Watson me at jonwatson.ca
Fri Oct 17 00:07:48 UTC 2008

Hi All,

My name is Jon Watson and I have been using Ubuntu for several years
now. I've wanted to become involved for a while now and have even
attempted to do some package work, but haven't been able to find the
time to get it right. Since I have a few years experience writing
documentation (mostly technical) it seems to make more sense to get
involved on a level where I can be more productive sooner so I'm looking
at this team.

So, I'm following the directions on Document Team/Mentoring page and
here I am. I'm about to join via Launchpad as well.

I see some of the document tasks that I can probably snipe off pretty
quickly, but I need to hunker down and figure out the technical aspects
of getting the existing docs and submitting changes. That's my next
task, I guess.

I'm also open to direction on areas that might be short-staffed where I
would be more useful. I think it's fair to say that I am not all that
savvy with audio and visual apps and might not be all that great a help
in that area, but I am pretty savvy with Internet and productivity apps
in general.

Off to read...

Thanks,

Jon