String freeze exception request

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sun Oct 12 17:30:56 UTC 2008

Hi Dougie,

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Dougie Richardson
<ddrichardson at btinternet.com> wrote:
> I'm a little concerned with nm at present, there seems to be a lot of added
> functionality (such as mobile broadband and DSL support) that has been
> added, that I have no facility to test to then document. Ultimately this
> will result in bug reports and will be dealt with, it just seems a shame
> that additional functionality with a major change in a component is not
> passed to us to document.

Yes, this tends to be a problem towards the end of a cycle as people
rush to add features and don't take too much notice of freezes. I
personally think there isn't much of a solution to it with our current
release cycle structure.

In relation to Network Manager, I've had a couple of messages on irc
yesterday from the maintainer asking about whether changes to the
mobile broadband interface will affect documentation. I've asked him
to email the list and am copying him into this message for further
discussion.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org