Adding to the ubuntu server guide

Adam Sommer asommer70 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 12:50:21 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 3:19 AM, D J <mightyhead at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> My name is Daniel J, and I would like to add something to the Ubuntu server
> guide! Currently I am doing some documentation work for a company, and the
> system admin suggested I submit them to the ubuntu server guide. The
> information/guide I can provide is for installing ejabberd 2.01 (from
> backports), using LDAP authentication. Additionally I can probably add other
> methods of authentication/backend database use if the documentation team
> feel it is necessary.
>
> Please let me know the best way to go about submitting this information to
> the guide.

That sounds great.  There's a quick guide on the Server Team's KnowledgeBase
page about contributing to the Server Guide [1].  There's also more in depth
information on the Doc Teams Repository page [2].  The docs are currently in
String Freeze for the Intrepid release, but any additions are greatly
appreciated and will be applied to the Jaunty release.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.  You can also find help in
#ubuntu-doc on freenode.net.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#Documentor resources
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SystemDocumentation/Repository

--