Problem logging in to wiki

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 02:38:03 UTC 2008

Hey there,

This is an old message, but it still applies, so I thought I'd
resurrect it:

>Hi Haz2a
>
>On Apr 13, 2008, at 8:55 PM, Haz2a wrote:
>> I click 'Edit' on the page I want to update. That asks me for my
>> email and password. I have registered with launchpad before to
>> report bugs, so I assume it will be the same, and I enter those.
>>
>> This is where it gets confusing.
>> I then get a User Preferences page, with a username 'haz5' similar
>> to mine, but I don't have any record of using that exact one. I
>> can only assume that this page is presented because the wiki
>> didn't recognise my email/pwd and is creating a new user for me?
>
>This is a long-standing bug in the wiki software: it takes you to
>the UserPreferences page, instead of the page you wanted to edit.
>
>This will be fixed next time the wiki software is upgraded.
>
>In the meantime, here's the workaround: once you've clicked "Login"
>and arrived at UserPreferences, click Back, then Back again, then
>Reload, then Edit.
>
>Cheers

This is still default behavior. To fix it:

1. Log in (you'll be taken to https://help.ubuntu.com/community).
2. Click the User Preferences link in the upper right corner of the
page.
3. Look in the General Options section.
4. Tick the box for, "After login, jump to last visited page."
5. Click the Save button.
6. Log out.

From then on, when you're browsing wiki pages and want to
edit one, you'll be returned to that page automatically after logging
in.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.