wiki spam - captcha in launchpad?

Przemysław Kulczycki przemekkulczycki at gmail.com
Thu May 15 22:23:51 UTC 2008

Dougie Richardson pisze:
>> The spam bots are back, even though their accounts were deleted some
>> time ago. And there are more of them (users and spam pages).
>> See https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/26722
>
> I reported this to the website team a couple of weeks ago in
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-doc/+bug/224971 and have mailed
> launchpad to ask for the account in launchpad to be deleted.
>
> This is still part of 302 attack that is not being addressed - there is
> no point in deleting the pages in the wiki as long as the user name
> exists in launchpad.
>
> The thing is that having looked through some of the spam, its malicious
> (not to Ubuntu) and being returned higher in Google than most of our
> genuine pages.

Just few minutes after being deleted, the spam is getting back under new
username and same page names.
Maybe Launchpad should have a captcha while registering a new account?
(I registered mine over 2 years ago so I don't remember if it changed)

--
## Przemysław Kulczycki <<>> Azrael Nightwalker ##
# jabber: azrael[na]jabster.pl | tlen: azrael29a #