WikiToDo request

David Symons david.symons at liberatedcomputing.net
Sun May 11 20:20:31 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 4:08 AM, Connor Imes <rocket2dmn at aol.com> wrote:
> Dean Sas wrote:
>> Connor Imes wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>> I work with the Beginner's Team on the Ubuntu forums and we maintain our
>>> own area on the wiki at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Beginners
>>> As part of the reorganization of our wiki area we added some pages to be
>>> deleted by listing them at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WikiToDo
>>> but nothing has been done for months - it seems like this page has been
>>> neglected.  I'm hoping that somebody with the appropriate permissions
>>> can take care of this for us, along with other requests that have been
>>> posted on WikiToDo.
>>
>> Hi Connor,
>> Thanks for getting in touch with us.
>>
>> I assume the team that gets delete privs on h.u.c is ubuntu-wiki ?
>> Couldn't we argue that anyone with bzr commit rights should be
>> automatically a member of this team?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Dean
>>

> I believe that is correct - anybody on ubuntu-wiki falls under the
> documentation team, but it just seems nobody has stepped forward anytime
> in the last few months to take care of the growing "to do" list on
> WikiToDo.  Only those users have the ability to delete pages.  If
> anybody getting these emails is on that team or knows a better way to
> get ahold of them, please let me know so I can get in contact with them.
> Thanks,
> -Connor

Hi Connor, Dean, all

Firstly my apologies to you and others for being one of the people
with delete/move capabilities on the h.u.c/c wiki and neglecting my
duties.  A combination of being somewhat inactive recently and not
knowing of the existence of that WikiToDo page (probably due to the
former) have led to this situation.  Both of these aspects have now
changed.  The next mistake was to start working from the top of the
list :-) .

As I understand it, it has always been the intention that members of
the Launchpad ubuntu-wiki team have delete/move privileges but that it
has not been set up.  Currently, those abilities have to be endowed by
someone with administrative access to the wiki engine (MoinMoin)
itself.  From now I will devoting more time to WikiToDo, so hopefully
that will help.

I've done some of the requested deletions - including all the
Beginners/ ones.  I need to spend some time looking into the others
(eg. editing referring pages - it would be good if deletion requesters
would do this more).  Hopefully some of the others with the privs will
chime in too.

Cheers, Dave.
--
David Symons