Updating the GNOME documentation

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Thu May 1 19:22:32 UTC 2008

Hi Mads,

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 20:57 +0200, M.P. Rommedahl wrote:
> My main questions are:
>  * How do we get started?
>  * Does GNOME-docs use bzr? - If not, how do we get hold of the files?
>  * Who shall we send updates/paches/etc. to?

First off, someone needs to get in touch with the gnome-doc-list and let
them know of our intentions, so that they can have some input! It looks
like we have quite a few volunteers (thanks, guys!), so we should be
able to work on several different things at once. As pointed out by
Milo, there are a few bugs that could do with some attention, along with
the updating work that I originally mentioned.

My suggestion is that everyone who's interested should sign up to the
gnome-docs-list mailing list and claim a task. I think it would be a
good idea to pair up some of the more experienced doc team members with
some mentoring students too, so that you can work on certain tasks
collaboratively.

Then, we can all work together to review each others' patches directly
on gnome-docs-list, so that the GNOME docs guys don't have to spend much
time on patch review themselves.

What do people think about this? All comments/criticisms welcome.

Thanks,

Phil

--
Phil Bull