Proposal for branch restructuring for intrepid

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at kubuntu.org
Mon Mar 31 15:37:26 UTC 2008

On Monday 31 March 2008, Matthew East wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I've had a couple of thoughts for improving the branch structure for
| ubuntu-intrepid (and also for the other derivatives, if everyone
| agrees). I'd like to hear your thoughts on them.
|
| 1. Remove translated xml from the tree.

I typically don't put in translations until the very end, but this does make
sense when it comes time to branch for the next release, and I am sure it will
help on the Ubuntu side big time. +1 for me on this one.

[...]

| 2. Rationalise structure

[...]

| (a) Put all the documents in the top level. This is my preferred
| option, so the branch would look like this:

I prefer this way as well, so +1 here on this one.

For Kubuntu side of things, do you want Jonathan Jesse or I to go ahead and deal
with the branching for Intrepid or are you planning on rocking out all of the
branching? Just want to make it easier on you, and if so then I would let
Jonathan go ahead and do the branching for Intrepid due to the fact he knows
more about Bazaar than I do and he actually likes is :)

Thanks for this Matt!

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal at kubuntu.org