mentoring and helping out.

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 18:21:13 UTC 2008

Hi Andrew,

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 09:45 -0400, Andrew Mathenge wrote:
> Dear Doc list mentors and authors:
>
> I subscribed to this list quite a while back and haven't had a chance
> do anything. I tried my hand at working on the "Deskbar Applet" but
> that
> proved quite challenging. I haven't given up though and this is my
> second
> attempt to give back to the community that's made computing such a
> great experience for me.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1. What needs to be done.
> 2. How one can effectively help.
> 3. How to use the tools (for those of us who are tool-challenged).
>
> I'd probably like to start by proofreading or editing rather than
> providing
> new content. This would get my feet sufficiently wet and my confidence
> boosted.

I updated the Doc team tasks page yesterday [1], which should hopefully
help to address your first point. We're also making a few changes to the
tech review process at the moment, which I'm hoping will make it more
effective and easier to get to grips with [2].

Regarding using the tools, what sort of help would you like? There's a
bit of documentation on using bzr on the wiki, for example.

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Tasks
[2] -