Proposal: Create product for each derivative's documentation

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at kubuntu.org
Sat Mar 29 20:39:58 UTC 2008

On Saturday 29 March 2008, Matthew East wrote:
[...]
| I've thought about this some more. I still don't agree - to set up
| another mailing list and to keep it synched with the members of the
| ubuntu-core-doc team would be more effort than it is worth simply to
| provide easier filtering of bugmail. For one, the number of people who
| will want to filter different types of bugmail into different folders
| I think is likely to be quite low. Secondly, if it isn't possible to
| filter Launchpad bugmail already easily, that's a bug either in
| Launchpad or your mail client.

I agree with keeping everything under the Ubuntu Documentation Project and not
separating stuff for a few reasons.

| I think the right solution is to make ubuntu-core-doc bug contact for
| each package, and to then encourage others outside that group to
| subscribe to bugmail if they are interested.

I get bug mail for each docs package. Everyone is aware that I only work on
Kubuntu documentation and contributed to Edubuntu documentation when I get a
chance. Some may think getting ubuntu-doc bug mail is unnecessary but it really
isn't. There are times a bug will get filed against Ubuntu for something we
(Kubuntu) have in common, same goes with the other docs packages. A common
thing shared between all of us are the 'Basic Commands' as well as some other
things. It is good to read through these emails as it could affect your docs as
well. Just my two cents.

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal at kubuntu.org