Error in documentation

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 09:35:14 UTC 2008

Hi Paul,

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 22:06 -0400, Paul S wrote:
> here:
>
> http://doc.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/basic-commands/C/other-things.html#pasting
>
> 1 -under the "change the text" section, for Ctrl-e End, the letter 'e'
> appears to be mistakenly placed in bold.
>
> 2 - the Ctrl-b section is empty, is it to be populated or possibly
> removed if there is no explanation for it?

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I think the 'e' is in bold intentionally, to highlight the origin of the
shortcut. I'm not sure if this is really necessary though, and it may be
interpreted as a mistake by most users. What are your thoughts?

Good catch with the "Ctrl+b" section! Ctrl+b seems to make the cursor go
back one character, which seems reasonably useless. I think we should
remove this section; would you like to have a go at making the changes
and sending a patch? If so, let me know if you'd like some help.

Thanks,

Phil

--
Phil Bull