mentoring and helping out.

Andrew Mathenge mathenge at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 13:45:29 UTC 2008

Dear Doc list mentors and authors:

I subscribed to this list quite a while back and haven't had a chance to
do anything. I tried my hand at working on the "Deskbar Applet" but that
proved quite challenging. I haven't given up though and this is my second
attempt to give back to the community that's made computing such a
great experience for me.

My questions are:

1. What needs to be done.
2. How one can effectively help.
3. How to use the tools (for those of us who are tool-challenged).

I'd probably like to start by proofreading or editing rather than providing
new content. This would get my feet sufficiently wet and my confidence
boosted.

Thanks for your assistance!

Andrew.