UbuntuPages.com

Ross Peoples ubuntu.ross.peoples at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 01:30:25 UTC 2008

Hello Everyone,

I have been a member of this list for a while now (though I don't speak
much). I was going through brainstorm.ubuntu.com one day and saw an idea
someone posted that would have a list of links for specific tasks, like
the Yellow Pages. I have always wanted to set up a website for helping
others find their way. Besides this idea, I was also thinking about
giving descriptive information about how the community works. Explaining
the little things like version numbers, the difference between the two
wikis hosted at ubuntu.com, and even how to use launchpad would have
been a big help for me when I first started using Ubuntu.

I quickly realized after I bought the domain name that there is alot of
work that would need to be done and alot of information would need to be
gathered. If anyone would be interested in giving me something to start
out with (or at least point me in the right direction), it would be
greatly appreciated. I'm not looking to replace any documentation that
already exists, but rather funnel it into one convenient place so that
someone could enter the site with no knowledge about Ubuntu, and leave
with all the basic knowledge they would need to help them use Ubuntu to
its full extent. It could also be used help developers find the best way
to start programming with Ubuntu. And non-developers could be given a
list of the different projects taking place and find out how they can
help (marketing, artwork, etc).

Thanks, Ross