Mentoring program

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Sun Mar 23 20:25:45 UTC 2008

Hi All

My name is Charlie. I have been using Ubuntu since version 5.10. I do
use both Ubuntu with GNOME and Xubuntu with Xfce. I am enjoy reading,
and do read almost anything I get hold of. I would like to help with
both Xubuntu documentation Technical reviews and Ubuntu/Xubuntu Wiki
review, cleanup, or whatever.

My computing experience started in the 1980's with CP/M and COBOL based
program testing. I spent 2 years testing programs for developers, then
learned to program in commodore basic. At one point I ran a bulletin
board with 5 modems on one C-128. I bought an IBM-compatible in 1990,
and at one point, ran windows 3.1. I also ran DOS and OS-2. I have
taught others all flavors of windows except Vista, OS2/3 and Warp, and
Ubuntu/Xubuntu. I can still program in Basic, Quick-Basic, understand
CP/M, and other ancients. I seem to be having trouble learning to
program in Bash and Python now, (maybe age related?). My newest hardware
seems to be obsolete, it is an ASUS Motherboard with PCI slots, 1.5Ghz
cpu, 1GB ram, and an 80GB PATA HDD. I also use my older system for
testing, a PII 400Mhz, 256MB ram, 40GB HDD, GeForce MX4000 video card.
These seem too old for useful testing of new versions now.

I would like to join the mentoring programme, and have submitted my
application for membership of the Ubuntu Documentation Students team on
Launchpad. I have considerable experience troubleshooting both hardware
and software, and hated to see manuals go from printed to online only.
Having come to terms with that, it's time to help make sure the
information available is as accurate as possible.

Thank you

--
Charlie Kravetz