request for review of hardy beta release announcement

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 20:25:40 UTC 2008

Hi Steve,

On 3/20/08, Steve Langasek <steve.langasek at canonical.com> wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Thanks for this.  Is the content at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardyHeron/BetaAnnouncement/Xubuntu intended to
> stay in the wiki, or to be sent as an email announcement?

Thanks for asking.  I've modified the introduction to our wiki page a bit
more to further differentiate it from the Ubuntu release announcement.  We
do not intended for it to be sent out as an email.

Please note that I added a short text snippet and link (similar to the
Kubuntu reference) in the Ubuntu announcement [1], which references the
Xubuntu wiki page, and the Xubuntu team has also prepared a beta
announcement (not set to public yet) on Xubuntu.org [2].

If the beta will be released tonight, we'll go ahead and set the the beta
announcement on Xubuntu.org to public shortly.

Thanks,

Jim

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardyHeron/BetaAnnouncement
[2] http://xubuntu.org/news/hardy/beta