request for review of hardy beta release announcement

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at canonical.com
Thu Mar 20 19:41:44 UTC 2008

Hi M.P.,

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 03:07:42PM +0100, M.P. Rommedahl wrote:
> Two things:
> I) What is Mythbuntu?

As Jonathan mentioned, Mythbuntu is a derivative centered around MythTV.  I
haven't attempted to go into any detail about the new community derivatives
(Mythbuntu and UbuntuStudio) that are releasing with us in this beta, in
favor of leaving that up to the respective developer communities.

But I had considered adding a short blurb introducing them to the family,
right above "Other"; thanks, based on your feedback I'll go ahead and do
that.

> II) What about Gobuntu? Or is that not released as beta?

It does not appear that Gobuntu is in a condition to be released as a beta
this time, no.  I suspect this is also the case for the final release, I
understand there hasn't been much activity on keeping Gobuntu up to speed
this development cycle.

Cheers,