Multimedia tab in DVD playback (Hardy) (Bug #198012)

Stuart Guest sguest at blakstar.plus.com
Sun Mar 9 14:09:25 UTC 2008

Hi,

Just responding to your request as to where I saw the reference to the
Multimedia tab.

I originally responded at the bottom of the bug report, but, just in
case you didn't see it, I've included my bug comment.

I'm not sure, but it would seem that the DVD playback section is in need
of a rewrite, as regards Hardy -- I would rewrite it myself, but I'm not
sure if my method of DVD playback would cause any problems for other
users!

Regards,

Stuart

-- Bug #198012 ---

Can't find any reference to "Storage" at the moment, but under "Playing
DVDs" in the musicvideophotos.xml file the instructions refer to the
multimedia tab.

I've been proof-reading the Hardy documentation, and helping to correct
errors, hence this bug report.

I've looked at the new location for media, and it seems that the only
options are drop-down boxes, hence no way to type the "gxine -S dvd:/"
as referred to in the DVD playback instructions.

Personally, I use a different method of playing DVDs that doesn't
require editing any preference settings. Instead of using gxine, I use
totem-xine, which happily replaces totem-gstreamer, as far as I can
tell, without any adverse side-effects, and allows the use of menus when
playing DVDs.

Please see my comment in Bug #181236 as well (even though that refers to
Gutsy!)

---