firewall doc question

Adam Sommer asommer70 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 18:24:31 UTC 2008

Hello,

> Should it be re-written (I'll volunteer if so) to recommend the Ubuntu
> UFW tool (https://launchpad.net/ufw/)?

My thoughts are that it should.  I'm not sure if Firestarter is a GUI
interface to iptables configuration, but at the moment UFW is cli only.  Not
that the guide necessarily has to recommend a GUI application I guess.

Anyway, I wrote a section on UFW for the Server Guide [1], with massive
input from Jamie.  The guide is geared more to a server administrator type,
so some things like using a terminal are taken for granted.

If I can help with in any way just let me know.  I'm usually in
#ubuntu-server if you have any questions, Jamie usually is too :-).

[1] http://doc.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/serverguide/C/firewall.html

Apologies for the dup Ryan... forgot to hit "Reply to all".

--
Party On,
Adam