Wiki Cleanup - Blueprints Specs linked to from Launchpad

Philip Wyett philip.wyett at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 01:58:15 UTC 2008

2008/6/14 Charles Davis <oldsoldier at gmail.com>:

> On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 02:35 +0100, Philip Wyett wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > As part of any wiki cleanup, I honestly believe the subject of the
> > submission information
> > spec pages on wiki.ubuntu.com from blueprints (link below) should be
> > addressed.
> >
> > https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu
> >
> > The pages created for blueprints seem to be sprayed all over the wiki
> > with no real
> > concern for any form of organisation. I would suggest we create a
> > 'BluePrints'
> > section on the wiki that can be subdivided into sections for various
> > forms of information
> > a well as a 'Specs' section where all the individual specs linked to
> > from launchpad
> > blueprints can be organised and more easily managed.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Phil
>
> While I agree wholeheartedly with this, the very nature of the wiki
> works against us. Wiki cleanup is a never ending task because of the
> open and collaborative nature of the wiki.
> --
> Chuck
> OpenPGP Key ID:1024D/19B4CF71
> Fingerprint: 0D29 4D49 AE37 48A6 2EC8 0746 11DA EF8B 19B4 CF71

It is a never ending task this is true. However if the overall documents and
structure
is put in place, hopefully any errors on the pat of contributors could be
kept to a
minimum.

I will later in the weekend b looking at how reports of changes to the wiki
can
be delivered to maintainers of the wiki to aid in the fast catching of
problems
to enable quick fixing.

Regards

Phil