Ubuntu Documenter

Charles Davis oldsoldier at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 17:53:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 13:40 -0400, Robert Bowman wrote:
> Long time reader, short time poster.
>

> I would like two point out three things that make it hard for someone
> new to contribute.
>

> 1.    There are no definable goals.

This is difficult since documentation is a moving target! Being new to
the list and team I have learned "the hard way" that because of this
there is a lot to learn. In my opinion, part of the apparent lack of
goals has to do with the fact that the development version is subject to
a lot of change up until string freeze, then there is a mad dash to get
caught up.
> 2.    There is no documentation on how to do the documentation.
There is a fair amount of documentation in the Wiki regarding the
standards of documentation.

> 3.    Short of the bug list, there are no goals that you can work
> towards.

There has been a lot of effort devoted toward cleaning up the Wiki and
revising the community wiki. TBH that is a huge goal and the guys
working on it right now could use some major help

--
Chuck
OpenPGP Key ID:1024D/19B4CF71