UbuntuForums wiki pages

Connor Imes rocket2dmn at aol.com
Mon Jun 9 23:01:38 UTC 2008

Matthew East wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Connor Imes <rocket2dmn at aol.com> wrote:
>> I think the page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuForums needs to be
>> cleaned out and set to redirect to
>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuForums which is more complete.
>
> It's worth having a page on wiki.ubuntu.com - this is a wiki for all
> Ubuntu teams and community management, and the forum team definitely
> has a place there. On the other hand, help.ubuntu.com is strictly for
> obtaining help, and any information about the forum should be for
> users rather than people who might want to contribute.
>
> Personally, I would say that the main information about the forums
> should be on wiki.ubuntu.com, and the information on help.ubuntu.com
> just limited to people who can't find the answer to what they are
> looking for there (probably the information on
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToGetHelp is enough, to be
> honest).

Agreed, forgive my newbiness, but I am learning quickly - that is why I
sent this out over the mailing list first.  I will move the info from
the Help site to the Wiki site this evening, then set the redirect.

On the topic of teams, the Ubuntu Forums Beginners Team has their wiki
area at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Beginners (primarily under /Team)
This clearly conflicts with separation of Help and Wiki.  Though I did
not establish this area on the Help wiki (its existence predates my
involvement with that team), I have been its maintainer for a few months
now and have done extensive work on it.  Since it is rather well
established there, I propose leaving it, unless you feel strongly
otherwise.  I just thought I should run that past you.

-Connor