Expanding the documentation

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 11:48:30 UTC 2008

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your continued work on this.

On Sat, 2008-06-28 at 18:37 +0200, Leo Iannacone wrote:
> No, moz-border works only on mozilla's browsers. I've created images and
> css... in this way all problems seem to be solved.

Non-Mozilla browsers ignore the -moz-border property and will fall-back
on standard non-rounded corners, which is a graceful fallback mechanism.
Do you have any examples of how the banners look in different browsers
at different resolutions/font sizes? We should make sure that the
banners look OK in pretty much any situation.

> The new macro works in this way:
> [[WikiBanner($BANNER_TITLE)]]
> Here a snapshot of how it works:
> http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/2964/wikibannered3.png
> And prints a similiar Banner of my Test page [1] (but now without
> the problem corners).
> To install it:
>  - copy css/ and img/ directories in Theme's directory and import
> wiki-banner.css into screen.css stylesheet.
>  - copy WikiBanner.py file into data/plugin/macro/ directory.
>  - Please, for moin relases more than or equals to 1.5.*, see the
> "PS:" message in the footer of this mail.
> Usage:
>  * [[WikiBanner(UnsupportedVersion)]]
>  * [[WikiBanner(ContentCleanupRequired)]]
>  * [[WikiBanner(StyleCleanupRequired)]]
>  * [[WikiBanner(NeedsExpansion)]]
>  * [[WikiBanner(PageTooLong)]]
>  * [[WikiBanner(CandidateForMoving)]]
>  * [[WikiBanner(CandidateForDeletion)]]
>  * [[WikiBanner(DuplicateArticle)]]
>  * If WikiBanner argument is not in this list, macro generates an
> ExceptionArgument.

I'm uncomfortable with the banner text being "hard-wired" into the
macro. If we need to change the text or add new banners we would have to
modify the macro and get the webmaster to upload it. This is a bit
awkward, so I think it would be better if the macro fetched its text
from a wiki page.

Thanks again,

Phil Bull