userinput/computeroutput patch - security section

Gilbert Mendoza gmendoza at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 20:57:44 UTC 2008

Adam Sommer wrote:
> Here's the way I interpret the use of the tags in question:
>   <command>[3] Should be used to reference commands entered from a
> terminal.  This could be classified as user input, but the tag seems to
> me more for command text, arguments, and switches.

> [3] http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/command.html

You know, after reading the description of the "command" tag, I think it's
actually quite clear.

"This element holds the name of an executable program or the text of a
command that a user enters to execute a program."

Based on that description, and that of "userinput", I would feel much more
comfortable revising my previous patch to use the command tag where
appropriate.

--

Gilbert Mendoza
PGP: 0x075DBCA9