[docteam-commits] [Branch ~ubuntu-core-doc/ubuntu-doc/ubuntu-hardy] Rev 3654: Patch by Gilbert Mendoza.

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 23:07:02 UTC 2008

Hi Gilbert,

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 14:31 -0800, Gilbert Mendoza wrote:
> > "lockalterntive" => "lockalternative"

[This was just intended to point out the typo, there's a missing "a" in
the original string]

> With regard to the emphasis around "lockalternative", would you
> recommend to use the <filename> tag, or something else?  I wasn't sure
> which was appropriate, and the above quote wasn't entirely clear to
> me.  Unless you mean that variables would simply use quotation marks?
> Input would be appreciated.

The most appropriate tag to use would probably be <screen> [1]. You
could use <varname> [2] too I suppose, but it's not really necessary.
Also, make sure that you type the string exactly as it appears in the
file (e.g. if it has quotes in the file, put those into the <screen> tag
as well). That way, users will have a copy-and-paste-able example at
their disposal.

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/screen.html