Ubuntu Server Guide - Security Section

Gilbert Mendoza gmendoza at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 20:32:56 UTC 2008

Bhuvaneswaran A wrote:
> As far as I know, both "server" and "serverguide" content are
> necessary. The "server" doc goes with ubuntu-doc package while
> "serverguide" goes with ubuntu-serverguide package, It is mandatory to
> sync them and make it up-to-date with each other.
>
> I may be wrong, as my understanding would be out-dated. If not, I'm
> sure Matthew .E would clarify. Thanks.

Is this an automatic synchronization process performed after all work on
the "server" guide has gone through QA?  Or is this a manual process,
requiring contributers to update the guides in both places?  The latter
seems like more work than necessary, not to mention error prone if
revisions are not kept up in both places.

Any clarification would be helpful.  Thanks.

Gilbert Mendoza
PGP: 0x075DBCA9
Email: gmendoza at gmail.com
http://www.savvyadmin.com