New at ubuntu-doc and want to join the mentoring programme

Adam Sommer asommer70 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 04:28:41 UTC 2008

Hello Ugar,

I am Ugur, a web application developer consultant in Turkey and Ubuntu
> user for 3 years. I am also experienced in using Ubuntu server
> environments and using Ubuntu as web, DNS, mail and dedicated freenx
> server. It is my favorite OS for my business and my daily usage. I love
> Linux and open-source philosophy.

Welcome to the team.  Some of us are currently focusing on updating the
Server Guide for the upcoming Hardy release.  There are instructions on
checking out the documentation being developed on the Doc Team sections of
the wiki [1][2].  Feel free to review what is currently there and if you
notice an area that needs attention please feel free to submit a patch to
the list.

The Server Team has weekly meetings in the #ubuntu-meeting IRC channel on
freenode [3].  The next meeting is Wednesday the 16th at 21:00 UTC please
feel free to attend.  Documentation is usually discussed at some point in
the meeting.

> I will be pleased to contribute document translations to Turkish, which
> is my native language. And also as far as I can, I want help writing
> documentations for Ubuntu.

I'm not quite sure about translations, but maybe someone else can provide
some links?  Also, feel free to contribute to any areas you're interested
in.

Once again welcome :-)

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/GettingStarted
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Repository