better wiki engine?

Przemysław Kulczycki przemekkulczycki at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 14:38:10 UTC 2008

I don't know if this is good mailing list to discuss it, if it's wrong
then tell me where should I ask it.

The current wiki setup has many problems.
1) It has some bugs (ie. wrong polish notice after subscription - it
says that I've just unsubscribed) - could be fixed by updating to the
latest MoinMoin version
2) It is very hard to edit long pages (ie.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ContributeToUbuntu ).
MediaWiki (the Wikipedia's engine) makes it easier, by allowing to edit
sections (marked by headings).
3) The community documentation pages are often filled with comments
which could be placed on discussion pages (just like on Wikipedia).

Is it possible to change the wiki engine? Or at least update it...

--
## Przemysław Kulczycki <<>> Azrael Nightwalker ##
# jabber: azrael[na]jabster.pl | tlen: azrael29a #