Yet another mentor request

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 00:08:59 UTC 2008

Hi FFM,

On Sun, 2008-02-17 at 17:13 +0000, ffm wrote:
> Is hardy stable  enough for us mere mortals to use? I want to help,
> but I don't want to have a broken system either.

I've been running Hardy for a few weeks now, and it seems reasonably
stable. There are the usual minor annoyances (broken icons etc) and
there's always a chance of a major breakage around the corner, so if
you'd rather not risk it you might be better off running it in a virtual
machine or a chroot.

> Also, how exactly do we make changes to the docs? ubuntu-docs is the
> bug contact for the docs, but I'm not exactly sure if/how I can commit
> fixes.

You need to check out the documentation from the ubuntu-hardy bzr branch
on Launchpad [1] [2]. You can't directly commit changes to the
repository unless you're an approved committer, so you'd normally make
the necessary changes in your local copy of the branch and then send a
patch to the mailing list for review.

Please let me know if you'd like a hand with any of the above.

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Repository
[2] -