Status of doc.ubuntu.com

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Fri Feb 15 17:47:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 04:57:43PM +0000, Matthew East wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Mathias Gug <mathiaz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Is there anyway to mark the documentation as being a Work In Progress ?
>
> Yes, it's easy to add a "draft" watermark to the documents - that
> should already be done but if not we can arrange it.

Great.  At the same time, I think it should indicate what version it
is on each page ("Draft Hardy Serverguide, dated x y z version 419 or
whatever), and include links to other versions, e.g.

 https://help.ubuntu.com/7.10/server/C/

Those "help" versions at least link to each other, but have no date or
bzr version info.

At any rate the top google hit is still

 http://doc.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/serverguide/C/index.html

Also, all of those need updates to the copyright dates.

Perhaps a google site map would help:
 https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/docs/en/protocol.html
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitemaps

Cheers,