Status of doc.ubuntu.com

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 15 16:56:57 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Adam Sommer <asommer70 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds reasonable to me.   Just so I don't make a mess of things I'll do:
>
>   cp generic/server/C/* generic/serverguide/C/
>   bzr commit -m "Server Guide Sync"
>
> Or something similar to that.

Not quite - I think it's only the chapters that you copy over, you
don't copy over things like server.xml. The important thing is to
ensure that all future work takes place in serverguide/C/, we can deal
with the sync to server/C later as appropriate.

> > the only differences between the two should be that the 'server'
> > version doesn't need the introductory sections about package
> > management, because those are already in the help system elsewhere.
> >

> I'd think we'd want to keep that section, my thought being that if a user
> has installed the Server Guide on the Server Edition the other docs may not
> be installed.  Something like that would probably only affect a small amount
> of users, but it may be handy to have a reference available in some
> situations.

That's exactly the point - serverguide/C is installed in the
serverguide package (shipped with Server Edition) and server/C is used
in the Yelp desktop documentation (alongside the other documents).

Hope that's clear now!

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org