Status of doc.ubuntu.com

Adam Sommer asommer70 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 13:51:42 UTC 2008

Hello,

Doh, should have hit reply all... heh

> The way to solve this is in the repo - simply update
> generic/serverguide/C. This shouldn't be difficult because you can
> copy over all the relevant files.

Sounds reasonable to me.   Just so I don't make a mess of things I'll do:

  cp generic/server/C/* generic/serverguide/C/
  bzr commit -m "Server Guide Sync"

Or something similar to that.

> the only differences between the two should be that the 'server'
> version doesn't need the introductory sections about package
> management, because those are already in the help system elsewhere.

I'd think we'd want to keep that section, my thought being that if a user
has installed the Server Guide on the Server Edition the other docs may not
be installed.  Something like that would probably only affect a small amount
of users, but it may be handy to have a reference available in some
situations.

--
Party On,
Adam