help.ubuntu.com Unable to do searching

Marko Oreskovic markoresko at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 00:30:15 UTC 2008

http://help.ubuntu.com
Does not display search results if Google Javascript is turned off.

Users could be expected to enable javascript for *.ubuntu.com
but since last update of help.ubuntu.com search dos not work
unless user enables javascript form .google.com

Since most of the sites use google scripts it is out of question to
require users to use google.com javascript because it would have
negative impact on all user`s experience, security and cpu usage.

Could old search that was working for many years since last month
be enabled again, for non-google-javascript users as workaround?