Planning for Jaunty

Matthew Paul Thomas mpt at myrealbox.com
Tue Dec 2 21:59:00 UTC 2008

Sandy Harris wrote on 02/12/08 06:56:
> Any kind of overall index/search scheme. Some stuff has man pages,
> others info, probably some only HTML or docbook or whatever. A
> scheme that put it all in one format (HTML?) and made it searchable
> would be  big win.

Search already works, both locally and on help.ubuntu.com. For example,
try searching for "apropos" in the Ubuntu Help window: the results
include the "Basic Commands" section from Ubuntu Help, alongside the
apropos man page. The same thing happens (albeit with more results) on
help.ubuntu.com.

Providing an index is something we don't have a good solution to yet.
<http://www.winwriters.com/articles/indexing_future/>

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/