Official Ubuntu documentation

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 20:45:33 UTC 2008

Hi Chris,

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 22:41 +0100, Chris Perry wrote:
> I've been using Ubuntu for about two years. I'm a non-technical user
> and have no knowledge of programming. When I reinstall Ubuntu I
> sometimes refer to the "Official Ubuntu documentation". I want to do
> things such as view flash videos on youtube. I'm probably not much
> interested in the community documentation.
>
> Presumably the "Official Ubuntu documentation" is the first
> documentation that a new user looks at, so it's important that it
> makes a good impression. It seems to me that this documentation could
> be corrected and improved. For example, the link to "Flash multimedia
> plugin" in "Watch videos in a web browser" is broken. Also, the
> documentation doesn't seem to answer some crucial questions. For
> example, in what circumstances do I need to install flash and how do I
> do it?
>
> I'd be willing to check and if necessary revise some of the sections
> in the "Official Ubuntu documentation", though I'd need help to do it.
> Is this offer of help any use to you?

Yes, absolutely! Please let us know what sort of help you need and we'll
be happy to assist. Suggestions on improvements we can make are very
welcome, but if you'd like to get your hands dirty and make the changes
yourself then we'll be happy to help you get started (there's some
relevant information on the wiki [1]).

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/GettingStarted