Official Ubuntu documentation

Chris Perry clissold345 at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 19 21:41:24 UTC 2008

Hello

I've been using Ubuntu for about two years. I'm a non-technical user
and have no knowledge of programming. When I reinstall Ubuntu I
sometimes refer to the "Official Ubuntu documentation". I want to do
things such as view flash videos on youtube. I'm probably not much
interested in the community documentation.

Presumably the "Official Ubuntu documentation" is the first
documentation that a new user looks at, so it's important that it
makes a good impression. It seems to me that this documentation could
be corrected and improved. For example, the link to "Flash multimedia
plugin" in "Watch videos in a web browser" is broken. Also, the
documentation doesn't seem to answer some crucial questions. For
example, in what circumstances do I need to install flash and how do I
do it?

I'd be willing to check and if necessary revise some of the sections
in the "Official Ubuntu documentation", though I'd need help to do it.
Is this offer of help any use to you?

Regards,

Chris.