help wiki theme improvements

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 20:49:45 UTC 2008

Hi Matt,

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 11:39 +0100, Matthew East wrote:
> I tend to agree, although I do see that in some cases talk pages may
> contain alternative ways of resolving a problem, or discussion of
> particular problems with the solutions described on the parent page
> which may be relevant to a user. Obviously, the parent page should be
> given greater prominence though.

Hmmm, hopefully people will put those alternatives on the wiki page
itself, under an "Alternative Methods" section! Likewise for known
problems with the instructions. What's the point in having two tiers of
user-contributed documentation in such close proximity?

Incidentally, what do you think about creating talk pages on the wiki
for the official documentation?

Thanks,

Phil

--