Application for Membership

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 19 17:06:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 5:55 PM, Willy K <jawsthemeswimming428 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Documentation Team,
>
>           I am interested in becoming involved with the Forum Wiki Team
> (taking information from the UbuntuForums and moving, combining, and
> formatting it for the Wiki). I have some experience running Ubuntu (since
> around 2005) and I have used it on a daily basis. I am a pretty frequent
> user of the Ubuntu Forums and enjoy learning about and researching Ubuntu
> and Linux related topics. Currently I work as Network Administrator for a
> Medical Association (unfortunately it is a Windows network). Please let me
> know what this entails and how I go about joining. Thanks!

That's good news - that particular area of our work needs some boosting!!

The first step is to carefully read the page at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/forum which explains the processes
for this type of work. After that, you can jump straight in and look
for material that can be imported. A list of potential pages is at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/forum/import. Alternatively, you can
look for your own favourite material on the forums.

Feel free to ask any questions you have here.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org