help wiki theme improvements

Allan Day allanpday at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 18:38:33 UTC 2008

> 1. The "Page History" link is now called "Info"
> 2. The footer is back to the old one with broken links and is missing
> our licensing information
> 3. There is no "parent" link on subpages

Agreed - it would be great to recover these.
> Have I missed any? Also, feel free to add ideas for improvements, such as:
>
> 4. Link to "talk" or "discussion" pages on every page (as per point 3
> on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpWikiQualityAssurance)

This would also be really good. A question: is there a consensus on what
talk/discussion pages should be called? /Talk? /Discussion?
/PageDiscussion? (The latter is my personal favourite.) If we could make
a decision now, editors could start updating the pages that are already
out there.

One suggestion - when someone subscribes to a page, it would be great if
they were automatically subscribed to that page's talk/discussion page.
> 5. Upgrade theme to nicer looking one (longer term goal)

I'm imagining something beautiful, yet practical, inspired, but not
ostentatious. That's not too much to ask, is it? ;)

Allan