Mentoring Program

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 16 23:14:11 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Connor Imes <rocket2dmn at aol.com> wrote:
> Matthew East wrote:
>> I agree that quite a few of the introductory emails from new
>> contributors go unanswered, but as I've said elsewhere that's because
>> answering all of those emails is actually pretty hard work, however
>> good a job Phil does with them. If there is a lack of response, it's
>> because the docteam doesn't have that many genuine contributors. It's
>> not realistic to start making subgroups while that remains the case.
>> It's more efficient for everyone if we help potential contributors to
>> help themselves by keeping our wiki pages and processes as simple and
>> clear as possible.
>>
> +! for simple and clear - however, I'm not sure we have this in place
> yet as it is still rather confusing for new members to figure out what
> is happening inside the doc team.

Yes, that's the one thing everyone on this thread agrees on :) Our
wiki pages went through a big evolution a year or so ago when we
rationalised the structure, but now seems like a good time to take
them up another level and try to make them simpler, better structured,
and clearer.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org