[Implemented] Wiki banners

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 16 12:13:13 UTC 2008

Hi Phil,

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Phil Bull <philbull at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> We reached a consensus last week [1] that the basic Include()-based wiki
> banners should be used to mark pages on the wiki. I've now implemented
> these banners [2] and they are ready to use (as far as I'm concerned, at
> least). Feedback is welcome.

Thanks for taking the reins on this and sorting it out.

It would be nice for the "More info" link in each banner be used to
link to the anchor in the "Tag" page which deals with the specific tag
used (e.g. Tag#Unsupported Version) but I tried this, and it doesn't
seem to work with the current MoinMoin anchors due to some kind of
issue with the spacing in the anchor link. We could create some manual
anchors on the page though which would workaround this issue. What do
you think?

> I thought it would be best to rename them "Tags", since it's less prone
> to being misspelled and describes their function better.

That's fine by me. It's possible that in the future we might want to
use the concept of "Tags" for something else, in which case we can
change it, but I think that at the moment it's best to limit our use
of the concepts of "Tags", "Banners" and "Categories" to as simple a
system as possible, to avoid confusion and overlap.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org