ubuntu-doc Digest, Vol 47, Issue 13

Dougie Richardson ddrichardson at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 15 20:30:40 UTC 2008

Hi,

> I agree that it would be pretty tedious work and would also require
> looking at the bug list and tech review status page. It would also
> generate more work for people like Dougie and Phil. How you would track
> contributions to the wiki is a bit dicey as well since the only people
> I know that are Documentors students that have tracked wiki work are
> the member of the Ubuntu Forums BT.
>
> If there is an absolute "need" for this information to be tracked,
> perhaps the documentors could institute a wiki page along the lines of
> the tech review status page or the BT tracking page. It would probably
> need to be a hybrid with some specific modifications to suit the
> purpose. Another Option would be to have students document progress on
> their Ubuntu wiki page. I've included links as examples and for new
> members who may not have the pages handy for comparison.

We had a page for this a while back where students put their names next to
tasks. It wasn't very workable as people rarely updated it.

I agree that it's superfluous and in all honesty, the only people who need
to record their contributions are those applying for Ubuntu membership. In
that case the best advice is to suggest students record the contributions
but leave it to their personal administration.

Cheers,

Dougie