[VOTE] Wiki banners

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 15:58:57 UTC 2008

Hi Emma,

On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 11:42 -0400, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> Phil Bull wrote:
> >  1. Basic banners using the built-in Include() macro [1]
>
> +1 For basic with one caveat: banners should include some kind of markup
> that allows all banners to be universally changed by modifying a single
> CSS file. Pretty can happen at any time (and curved edges can be added)
> if the markup is done properly to begin with.

The banners would each be included from a seperate page (e.g.
"Banners/NeedsCleanup"). The style of the banner would be specified
entirely on its own page in this scheme, so we wouldn't be able to
change all of the styles simultaneously.

I don't think that this is a big issue though, since accessing the wiki
CSS would require upload privileges which we don't have and there should
only be a small number of banners which we could easily update the
styles for manually.

Thanks,

Phil

--