https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Software/ProjectHome

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 15:18:04 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 14:12 +0200, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> Just for clarity I've re-read the
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpWikiQualityAssurance spec which says "This
> spec aims at introducing features to the documentation wiki
> (https://help.ubuntu.com/community) to allow greater quality assurance
> and to inform users about the reliability of the pages they are
> reading."

So now we have three independent implementations of the wiki banner
idea. We've definitely been talking about this too much, so let's decide
on one banner (since banners seems to be a reasonable solution to the QA
problem).

I'll start a new thread, people can vote and we can get the winner up
and running ASAP.

> What I've been working on with AllanDay and a few others is a
> structure for the wiki so things can be found and it feels a bit more
> alive and inviting. Not a QA system. So although they are both
> important I don't see the overlap.

Part of QA is making sure that pages are easy to find, since
barely-discoverable documentation is even less use than poor-quality
documentation! Do you have some plans of the structural changes you're
making? It's something that I'd be interested in discussing.

Thanks,

Phil

--
Phil Bull